Apr 7, 2012

Big Changes


Another blog I will have to wait to post – it’s April 2nd, 2012.  I feel like our lives are changing so quickly right now, and I need to hurry and get it all down!

We close on our house sale tomorrow and are moving this weekend.  I’m not going to lie….I’m a little sad to leave here.  I love this house and all the good memories I have here.  I love the house itself, but leaving also makes the fact that we’re leaving Atlanta seem real.  That’ll have to be another post….

            We made an offer on another house in Kingsport yesterday.  There’re so many things perfect about it; I just hope we can agree on a price.  I’m trying to stay optimistic but not get my hopes up.  I think I’m one to get so wrapped up thinking about how I imagine things will be, and then it’s a long fall down when disappointment comes. 

            Speaking of disappointment…..a couple of weeks ago was the pharmacy residency match, which was a disappointment for me.  (Like for medical residents, residency programs and potential residents interview each other and then rank their preferences, and then there’s the magic computer that spits out where everyone is going.  If you’re not familiar with the match process, think sorority rush.)  I interviewed with two specialty programs near Kingsport but did not match with either. 

            Grady’s pharmacy residency program is one of the best in the southeast and I feel like I am well qualified for any second-year program, and I really thought both interviews went well.  I knew there were some other people in my situation – some who had gone away and are now returning home – but I got great feedback from the directors of the programs.  I felt sure the match would work out the way I wanted. 

            It felt good to listen to everyone have my back.  Whether justified or not, friends from work, family from home, my besties from college, all said it was their (meaning the residency programs’) loss.  I’m so lucky to have such awesome people in my life.  I figure, though, that if Peyton Manning could so humbly accept his bad news, I can handle this rejection with a little grace. 

            So now I’ve got feelers out there everywhere that could possibly have a clinical pharmacist position open anywhere within 2 hours of Kingsport in the foreseeable future.  My director at Grady offered to try to work something out for me to stay here to specialize, (and it was a tempting offer, for sure), but I just do not think I would be happy away from Matthew for a whole year.  I keep reminding myself that the Boss up there already knows what’s going to happen in the future, and it’s better than anything I’ve imagined so far. 

            This is such a crazy time for Matthew and me right now, but totally a good crazy.  While things haven’t gone exactly as we’d have planned in the last couple of months, we feel great about what’s ahead for us, and we’re excited to see where life takes us from here.  It’s simply another opportunity to trust in God and remember that everything really does happen for a reason. 


Until next time, sending love,
The Spiveys 

No comments:

Post a Comment