Jul 9, 2012

Our New Nest


            If you had told me 9 years ago that I’d end up back in Kingsport, I’d have tilted my head with a smile, a slight shoulder shrug and a “We’ll see…,” a polite way of saying “Hell no I won’t.”  And yet here I am and genuinely happy to be here and excited to get settled.

            Matthew and I had quite a debacle moving home last weekend.  Long story short, the movers picked up our stuff from storage but did not have a pickup from our apartment scheduled.  After a very anxious hour and a half (ok, and I shamefully admit, a lawsuit threat), movers came, but they were far from happy about it.  They delivered our stuff in Tennessee the next day, and I guess they were still p.o.’ed about the day before because the main guy was cranky.  If you know me, you know that I am beyond nice to people most of the time, and even I was getting fed up with this man.  At one point, I told Matthew I just wanted them to go on and get out of here so I could get back to enjoying the day.  I really can’t complain, though; we’re here safe and sound and (slowly) getting settled. 

            I cannot get over how weird it feels being back here for good.  I can’t imagine how it feels for people that are gone for years and years.  I’m not sure it’s really hit me yet because so far I’ve been busy getting everything situated.  It feels right, though.  Our house already feels like home, even with boxes still strewn about, and while it may not be the metropolis Atlanta is, Kingsport has lots of things going on.  And more importantly, this is where we belong! 

            I hope everyone is surviving this HEAT this year!  Stay cool and enjoy the week!


Until next time, sending love,
The Spiveys

No comments:

Post a Comment